‘Edinburgh Veterinary Review and Annals of Comparative Pathology’ Vol 1 No 1 July 1858 Original Communications and Cases

This journal was started by John Gamgee (1831-1894), with assistance from his father Joseph Gamgee (1801-1895), shortly after setting up his own veterinary school in Edinburgh – ‘The New Veterinary College’ – in August 1857. Articles include a particular focus on epizootic disease, the risks from the import of diseased cattle, and statistics of contagious diseases across England and Scotland. The Edinburgh Veterinary Review was published until 1864. When Gamgee’s school moved to London in 1865, under the name ‘The Albert Veterinary College’, it continued briefly as Veterinary Review, lasting for only eleven issues.

Terms of Use
This material has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighbouring rights, and is being made available under the Creative Commons, Public Domain Mark.

064 – Bennett, William Bevys of Abergavenny, Wales – Application for Registration as Existing Practitioner, Dec 1882-Mar 1883

Terms of Use
The copyright of this material belongs to the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons. It is available for reuse under a Creative Commons, Attribution, Non-commercial license.